Kiowa County Fair and Rodeo
September 5-9, 2018
Kiowa Co. Fair Board: Bart Michael, Tearle Lessenden, Areta Laird, Mike Johnson, Scotty Engelhardt, Barbara Scranton, Bobby Sinka, A.J. McCracken, A.J. Bolin
Open Class Exhibit Information
Open Class Entry Forms
You can bring in open class exhibits from 5-7:00 p.m. on Wednesday September 5th and from 7-9:00 a.m. on Thursday September 6th. Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m. on the 6th. The judging of Open Class Exhibits will be closed to exhibitors and spectators. Judges decisions are final.
4-H/FFA/Open Class Livestock Exhibit Information
- Livestock Fair Entry Form (due Aug 10th)
- Animal Care and Housing Form (due when animals are tagged)
- Livestock 4-H Record Book Link
- Home Raised Animal Certification Form
- 2018 Kiowa County Livestock Information and Checklist
Prior to fair 4-H and FFA animal exhibitors need to have:
- Weighed in your animal(s) at the county weigh-ins (except pigs, rabbits, and poultry).
- Steer Weigh-In Feb. 10 Sheep and Goat Weigh-In May 28 4-6 p.m.
- Turned in a 1)bill of sale OR 2)home raised certification form and an 3)animal care and housing form. due at initial weigh-ins.
- Had a county ear tag put in your animal(s) (except rabbits and poultry)
- Uploaded pictures of pigs. Pictures need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turned in a livestock entry form and a check for the pen deposit by August 10th at 4:00 p.m. If you have any questions please call the extension office at 719-438-5321.
- All livestock must be in place by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 5th (this includes open class animals)
- Fair weigh-in will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Check Fair Book for official scheduling and rules!
- Record Books and Thank You notes to Livestock Buyers and Award Sponsors due in the Extension Office by October 5th at 4:00 p.m.
Livestock Pen Deposit
There is a $25 per pen deposit payable to the Jr. Livestock Committee. So if you have a pen for goats, pigs, and a steer, the deposit is $75. You will get this deposit back after you have cleaned all of your pens at the end of the fair. Rabbits and chickens will only need to pay $25 per species unless you have both, then it is $50. This fee is not to penalize anyone, only to make sure your pens are cleaned!