Kiowa County Fair and Rodeo
September 5-9, 2018
Open Class Exhibit Information
Open Class Entry Forms
You can bring in open class exhibits from 5-7:00 p.m. on Wednesday September 5th and from 7-9:00 a.m. on Thursday September 6th. Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m. on the 6th. The judging of Open Class Exhibits will be closed to exhibitors and spectators. Judges decisions are final.
4-H/FFA/Open Class Livestock Exhibit Information
- Livestock Fair Entry Form (due Aug 10th)
- Animal Care and Housing Form (due when animals are tagged)
- Livestock 4-H Record Book Link
- Home Raised Animal Certification Form
- 2018 Kiowa County Livestock Information and Checklist
Prior to fair 4-H and FFA animal exhibitors need to have:
- Weighed in your animal(s) at the county weigh-ins (except pigs, rabbits, and poultry).
- Steer Weigh-In Feb. 10 Sheep and Goat Weigh-In May 28 4-6 p.m.
- Turned in a 1)bill of sale OR 2)home raised certification form and an 3)animal care and housing form. due at initial weigh-ins.
- Had a county ear tag put in your animal(s) (except rabbits and poultry)
- Uploaded pictures of pigs. Pictures need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turned in a livestock entry form and a check for the pen deposit by August 10th at 4:00 p.m. If you have any questions please call the extension office at 719-438-5321.
- All livestock must be in place by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 5th (this includes open class animals)
- Fair weigh-in will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Check Fair Book for official scheduling and rules!
- Record Books and Thank You notes to Livestock Buyers and Award Sponsors due in the Extension Office by October 5th at 4:00 p.m.
Livestock Pen Deposit
There is a $25 per pen deposit payable to the Jr. Livestock Committee. So if you have a pen for goats, pigs, and a steer, the deposit is $75. You will get this deposit back after you have cleaned all of your pens at the end of the fair. Rabbits and chickens will only need to pay $25 per species unless you have both, then it is $50. This fee is not to penalize anyone, only to make sure your pens are cleaned!