Exhibit Day Information
- 2019 Interview Schedule
- 2019 Fashion Revue Entry Form
- Kiowa County State Fair Entry Form 2019
EXHIBIT DAY 2020 WILL BE HELD ON AUGUST 3, 2020!! CHECK BACK IN MID SUMMER FOR ALL THE DETAILS!
10:00 a.m. Interview Judging Begins
6:00 p.m. Fashion Revue/Awards Program/Food Auction
As you can see above, our theme this year is “Today’s 4-Hers, Tomorrow’s Leaders”. Exhibit Day is coming up quickly, Monday, August 5th, and it’s time for a few reminders and a couple new items.
FASHION REVUE- This will begin at 6:00 pm, before Awards are given out, on Exhibit Day.
FOOD AUCTION – Members may sell one food or cake decorating exhibit at the auction following the Fashion Revue and Awards program on August 5th. This auction is open to all food and cake decorating project members, as well as Cloverbud members. Consignment of your exhibit item is optional, not required. Three percent of the sale price will go to our 4-H Scholarship Fund, and the remainder of the funds to the member. Entry Forms are due by 4:00pm August 1st, to the Extension Office.
** If you participate in the Food Auction you will need to turn in a Thank You note written to the person who purchased your item:
- Include an addressed and stamped envelope
- Must turn in Thank-You cards to receive your Food Auction check
- These are due in the Extension Office by August 15th
INTERVIEW SCHEDULE – The schedule for interviews is out! You may view it on our website and we are emailing it out as well. Don’t panic if you have a conflict with interview times, just let us know and it will work out.
FOLLOWING INTERVIEWS – After all interviews are completed there will be a short Council meeting, then we will be setting up and decorating the Community Building for the night’s events. Everyone is encouraged to help in this effort, many hands make it much easier!
AWARD RECIPIENTS – If you receive a Champion Award in your division, you will need to turn in a Thank You note to the office, written to the person(s) who sponsored your award. If you do not know the sponsor we can give you that information.
- Champion award winners must include an addressed and stamped envelope
- Thank-You cards must be turned in to receive premiums after fair
- They are due in the Extension Office by August 9th
STATE FAIR – Projects receiving first place in their class are eligible to enter their project in the Colorado State Fair. Please note:
- If you received a “conditional” on your project, this means that the changes listed on your judging sheet must be made before you bring your project to the Extension Office to be transferred to State Fair.
- If your project qualifies for State Fair, you must fill out a State Fair entry form and return it to the Extension Office by 4:00 pm Friday, August 9th, 2019.
- Projects qualifying for State Fair should be brought to the Extension Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, August 12th, packed, labeled properly and ready to transport.
- Don’t forget to bring all parts of your project!
KIOWA COUNTY FAIR – In order to receive your premiums, and receive credit for your 4-H project, you must also exhibit your projects at the Kiowa County Fair with your ribbons attached.
- Projects may be brought to the Community Building:
- Wednesday, Sept. 11th between 5-7pm, or
- Thursday, Sept. 12th between 7-9am.
- Projects must be in place no later than 9:00am Sept. 12th.
- Projects returning from State Fair will be picked up by Tearle and brought to the Extension Office. We will hold them in the office until Sept. 11th, then we will take them out to the Community Building for the Kiowa County Fair and Rodeo.
If you have any questions, please feel free to talk to your Project Leaders, or call the Extension Office.