Kiowa County Fair and Rodeo
September 9 – 13, 2020!!!
Kiowa County Fair Board:
President: David Walker
Vice President: Tyler Hainer
Secretary: Dawn Back Members
Junior Livestock Liaison: Bobby Sinka
Open Class Liaison: Areta Laird
Vendor Liaison: Cindy Pitman
Board Member: Cody Fox
Board Member: Talli Lane
Board Member: Jenifer Black
Open Class Exhibit Information
2020 OPEN CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELED.
You can bring in open class exhibits from 5-7:00 p.m. on Wednesday September 9th and from 7-9:00 a.m. on Thursday September 10th. Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m. on the 10th. The judging of Open Class Exhibits will be closed to exhibitors and spectators. Judges decisions are final.
4-H/FFA/Open Class Livestock Exhibit Information
- Livestock Fair Entry Form (due Aug 7, 2020)
- Animal Care and Housing Form (due when animals are tagged)
- Livestock 4-H Record Book Link
- Home Raised Animal Certification Form
- 2020 Kiowa County Livestock Information and Checklist
- Weighed in your animal(s) at the county weigh-ins (except pigs, rabbits, and poultry).
- Steer Weigh-In February 28, 2020 1 -4:00 p.m. @ Kiowa County Fairgrounds Pavilion Sheep and Goat Weigh-In June 1, 2020 Time TBA @ Kiowa County Fairgrounds Pavilion
Before May 18, 2020 4:30 p.m. – Call the Extension office to SCHEDULE a time to TAG and WEIGH-IN your swine, at your farm, the week of June 2nd through June 5th. (The Swine Weigh-in is only if you wish to participate in the Swine Average Daily Gain Contest at Fair.)
- Turned in a 1)bill of sale OR 2)home raised certification form and an 3)animal care and housing form – Due at initial weigh-in
- Had a county ear tag put in your animal(s) (except rabbits and poultry)
- Uploaded pictures of Pictures need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turned in a livestock entry form and a check for the pen deposit by August If you have any questions, please call the extension office at 719-438-5321.
- All livestock must be in place by 10:00 m. on Wednesday, September 9th (this includes open class animals)
- Fair weigh-in will begin at 10:30 m.
- Check Fair Book for official scheduling and rules!
There is a $25 per pen deposit payable to the Jr. Livestock Committee. If you have a pen for goats, pigs, and a steer, the deposit is $75. You will get this deposit back after you have cleaned all of your pens at the end of the fair. Rabbits and chickens will only need to pay $25 per species unless you have both, then it is $50. This fee is not to penalize anyone, only to make sure your pens are cleaned!