Kiowa County Fair and Rodeo
September 9 – 13, 2020!!!
Kiowa County Fair Board:
President: David Walker
Vice President: Tyler Hainer
Secretary: Dawn Back Members
Junior Livestock Liaison: Bobby Sinka
Open Class Liaison: Areta Laird
Vendor Liaison: Cindy Pitman
Board Member: Cody Fox
Board Member: Talli Lane
Board Member: Jenifer Black
Open Class Exhibit Information
2020 OPEN CLASS HAS BEEN CANCELED.
You can bring in open class exhibits from 5-7:00 p.m. on Wednesday September 9th and from 7-9:00 a.m. on Thursday September 10th. Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m. on the 10th. The judging of Open Class Exhibits will be closed to exhibitors and spectators. Judges decisions are final.
4-H/FFA/Open Class Livestock Exhibit Information
- Livestock Fair Entry Form (due Aug 6, 2021)
- Animal Care and Housing Form (due when animals are tagged)
- 2021 Livestock 4-H Record Book Link
- Home Raised Animal Certification Form
- 2021 Kiowa County Livestock Information and Checklist
- Important Dates:
- February 28, 2020 1-4:00 p.m. – Steer Weigh-In Kiowa County Fair Grounds Pavilion
- March 12, 2021 10:00 a.m. to noon – MQA Community Building
- Before May 17, 2021 4:30 p.m. – Call the Extension office to SCHEDULE a time to TAG and WEIGH-IN your swine, at your farm, the week of June 2nd through June 4th. (The Swine Weigh-in is only if you wish to participate in the Swine Average Daily Gain Contest at Fair.)
- June 1, 2021 – Small Animal Weigh-In (Goats & Sheep)
- August 6, 2021 – Livestock Fair Entry Forms and Pen Deposits due in Extension Office by 4:00 p.m. ($25 fee for each day late)
- September 8 – 12, 2021 – Kiowa County Fair
Prior to fair 4-H and FFA animal exhibitors need to have:
•Weighed in your animal(s) at the county weigh-ins (except pigs, rabbits, and poultry).
•Steer Weigh-In February 28, 2020 1 -4:00 p.m. @ Kiowa County Fairgrounds PavilionSheep and Goat Weigh-In June 1, 2021 Time TBA @ Kiowa County Fairgrounds Pavilion Before May 17, 2021 4:30 p.m. – Call the Extension office to SCHEDULE a time to TAG and WEIGH-IN your swine, at your farm, the week of June 2nd through June 4th. (The Swine Weigh-in is only if you wish to participate in the Swine Average Daily Gain Contest at Fair.)
•Turned in a 1)bill of sale OR 2)home raised certification form and an 3)animalcare and housing form – Due at initial weigh-in
•Had a county ear tag put in your animal(s) (except rabbits and poultry)
•Uploaded pictures of pigs. Pictures need to be sent to email@example.com
•Turned in a livestock entry form and a check for the pen deposit by August 6th, 2021.If you have any questions, please call the extension office at 719-438-5321.
•All livestock must be in place by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 (thisincludes open class animals)
•Fair weigh-in will begin at 10:30 a.m.
•Check Fair Book for official scheduling and rules!
Livestock Pen Deposit
There is a $25 per pen deposit payable to the Jr. Livestock Committee. If you have a pen for goats, pigs, and a steer, the deposit is $75. You will get this deposit back after you have cleaned all of your pens at the end of the fair. Rabbits and chickens will only need to pay $25 per species unless you have both, then it is $50. This fee is not to penalize anyone, only to make sure your pens are cleaned!
Please go to the Fair Website for forms at https://kiowa.extension.colostate.edu/kiowa-junior-livestock-4-h-ffa-members .We want to make the process as smooth as possible for you! Call anytime with questions or if you need help! We are happy to do it!
Extension Office 719-438-5321
Extension Agent: Tearle Lessenden
Admin. Asst.: Krystal Eikenberg